The Review (Newspaper): Moderator: Mr. Castagna - The Review is published periodically during the year. The pur pose of this paper is to relate school events to the student body. It is open to all students who wish to develop their talents or interests in writing, photography, and other areas of print journalism. The newspaper has been successful in past years, earning a number of commendations.
The Salesian (Yearbook): Moderator: Mrs. Diemer and Mrs. Manuel - The Salesian is a full-year project. It requires many dedicated hours of after school time. Many different talents are needed such as photography, layout and design, typing, and copy writing. The project, directed by seniors with assistance from underclassmen, attempts to capture the actions and the spirit of the year. Click here for their webpage.
Salesianum Theater Program:
- Fall Play: Moderator - Mr. Pukatsch - Salesianum presents a play in the fall whereby all roles and parts are opened by audition to the entire student body.
- One Acts: Moderators - Mr. Bosco - Salesianum offers students the oppor tunity to choose, direct, and cast “One Act” plays in Januar y under the direction of the Theatre Director.
- Spring Musical: Moderator - Mrs. Muchetti - Salesianum presents a musical each spring whereby all roles and par ts are opened by audition to the entire student body.
- Stage Crew: Moderator - Mr. Bosco and Mr. Pukatsch - This group is responsible for the maintenance of the stage and the technical operations for all the theater events. It also services outside groups which use our auditorium.
- Theatre Business: Moderator - Fr. Kifolo, OSFS - This group of students, under the direction of the moderator, will oversee the box office and serve as ushers at Salesianum Theatre productions.
Sentinel Post: Moderator - Mr. Margargal - This literary magazine combines the poignant creative writing skills of our students, faculty, and staff with top-notch graphic design talent. Participation in the publication is open to all students and provides various opportunities to showcase talent.
The WSAL Homeroom Show: Moderator: Mr. Salandria - This communications club and members of the advanced television class participate in the presentation of television shows for the school community.
The Salesianum Band Program: Moderator: Mr. Cox - In addition to the Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Beginning Band, and Chorus, which are curricular choices, the music depar tment also offers the following co-curricular activities:
- The Marching Band - This group is active during the football season and represents the school in parades during the remainder of the school year.
- The Jazz Ensemble - This organization performs in concerts, dances, public functions and in spring competitions.
- The Pit Orchestra - The orchestra performs for the school’s musical productions.
- The Brass Choir - This group performs in the community at Christmas and at special events.
- Choral Group - This mixed chorus of students from Salesianum and local girls’ schools performs at concerts and school functions.