Honors & Awards
Salesianum was named one of the Top 50 Catholic High Schools in the nation by the Acton Institute for 2010-2011. Salesianum also received this recognition in 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2009. The Acton Institute now grants the recognition every two years.
In 2009 and 2010 Salesianum was recognized as the National Recipient for Service by a High School by the Jefferson Awards for Public Service Youth Service Initiative. The school was the Delaware Recipient for Outstanding Service by a High School for the third consecutive year in 2010.
In the class of 2011, six seniors were named National Merit Commended Scholars.
1 National Merit Semifinalist
1 National Achievement Scholarship Finalist
Seventy Salesianum students earned Advanced Placement Honors
- Twenty-four students qualified for the AP Scholar Award by completing three or more AP Examinations with grades of 3 or higher.
- Eighteen students qualified for the AP Scholar with Honor Award by earning an average grade of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
- Twenty-three students qualified for the AP Scholar with Distinction Award by earning an average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
- Five students qualified for the National AP Scholar Award by earning an average grade of 4 or higher on a 5-point scale on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams.
Salesianum Cross Country and Soccer teams earned State Championships in the Fall of 2010.
The Swim Team earned its sixth consecutive State Championship.
The following seniors signed Athletic Scholarships for the 2011-12 Season
- Evan Mulrooney '11, University of Maryland, football
- Ryan Kilpatrick '11, University of North Carolina, lacrosse
- Conor Norat, Bryant University, soccer.
Senior Stephen Gilchrest, a tuba player in the Salesianum Band, was named to the All State Senior Band. Bill Facciolo '11 and Andrew Starobynski '12 were named to All State Senior Chorus.
This year, Dr. Anthony Monaco '77, HOF '03 was named President of Tufts University. Currently he is working at Oxford University in England.