Salesianum administers the Closed Catholic High School Placement Exam (HSPT) to prospective incoming students. This is a national exam that Salesianum has used for over 40 years, and that 85% of catholic high schools are using.
Please complete the online application located under the Admissions tab to register for the exam.
Seventh graders are invited to take the entrance exam as a practice test in April. An online application will be available in January.
Students wishing to prepare for the exam may invest in a high school placement prep book, which can be found at any neighborhood bookstore. However, students should not attempt to cram for the exam. The best preparation is often continued attention to eighth grade studies and a good nights sleep.
- Students need to pre-register at least a week in advance of the exam date.
- The non-refundable fee for the exam is $65.00.
- Students should arrive by 8:15 AM and are usually dismissed around 12 PM. On Sunday they should arrive by 11:45 and will be dismissed around 3:30.
- Students should bring two number 2 pencils.
- Calculators are not permitted.
Students who have the highest national percentile composite scores on the November test are eligible for academic scholarships.