Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Employment Category: 12 Months
Schedule : Monday – Friday (2PM to 10PM)
Reports to: Facilities Director
Date Revised: April 11, 2011
Under limited supervision, responsible for performing physical tasks of higher complexity, relating to preventative maintenance and basic repairs in the areas of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and minor building/office/classroom renovations. Responds to all routine systems generated work order requests and schedules all service contracts. May handle any small project work assigned by the Principal, Dean of Students or Facilities Director.
- Responsible for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems throughout entire school.
- Maintains daily working relationship with faculty, staff, and maintenance department, in order to meet work demand and respond to all maintenance requests.
- Performs general maintenance duties such as: minor plumbing, electrical, lighting/ballasts replacement, CAT 5 wiring, windows, furniture (repair desks/chairs), security, lockers, change ceiling tiles, filter changes, grease motors/change belts, clean smoke detectors.
- Performs as team member for all snow removal and ice clearing operations.
- Meets with contractors for proposals, scheduled preventative maintenance and evaluate work performance.
- Provides safe and timely escort for all scheduled service contractor visits.
- Schedules annual safety inspections with Fire department,
- Schedules MEP contractors/vendors (including vertical lift, Pest control, main auxiliary generator, kitchen equipment, etc.) to perform all preventative maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis.
- Assist Facilities Director with record keeping (e.g. MSDS, Boilers, Environmental, etc.).
- Assist students when necessary (e.g. locker repair and access).
- Assist with Fire and Security systems.
- Assist Facilities Director with ordering supplies, paper deliveries, furniture set-ups and knockdowns of Centenary Hall, Gym and Auditorium for school activities and special events.
- Secures doors and windows, turns off equipment and lights in the buildings, end of each work day.
- On-call response to Security and Fire alarms 24 hrs 7 days a week, on a rotating basis.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Programs and adjusts synchronized analog/digital school clock system, as required.
- Possesses functional working knowledge of and program when necessary adjustments/schedules to the "Encellium" intelligent lighting system.
- Possesses functional working knowledge of and program when necessary adjustments/schedules to the "DVTEL" digitized security access control system.
- Keeps all integrated roofing systems free and clear of dirt and debris.
- Familiarity and experience with the safe operation and handling of a 35' vertical "Genie" lift.
Knowledge and Skills: Requires thorough competency, full seasoning and functional working knowledge of building maintenance and operations. This includes knowledge and hands-on experience with building automation systems (I.e. BACC Talk) basic knowledge of practices and principles of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of the lighting, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, locksmithing, welding and other mechanical systems. Must have full awareness of life/safety practices along with OSHA/EPA requirements for environmentally effective, safe building operations.
Must be able to operate vehicles, equipment and tools in maintenance and operations of school facilities. Normally works within an institutional setting with minimum exposure to safety and health hazards. May periodically work outside with exposure to inclement weather. Requires arm, hand, finger dexterity to operate keyboard and other office equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words, blueprints, plans and schematics.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: AA degree with coursework in engineering, architecture, industrial technology or a related field plus mastery of at least one of the technical trades. Minimum of 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in building maintenance and operations.
Licenses or Certifications: Requires valid Driver's License and must pass state and federal Background Investigation, no felonies, or convictions, HVAC or Electrical a plus. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Michael Cochran - Director of Facilities
1801 North Broom Street
Wilmington, DE 19802