Director of Communications
Employment Category: 12 Months
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Date Revised: August 16, 2011
Founded in 1903, Salesianum School is a Roman Catholic independent secondary school that teaches young men to Live Jesus, guided by the spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales, through a college preparatory education, enabling them to take their place in the world as Salesian gentlemen. The school enrolls approximately 1,000 day students in grades nine through twelve from four states (DE, MD, NJ, and PA).
The Director of Communications is appointed by the President and reports to the Director of Advancement.
The Director of Communications develops and oversees all external communications for Salesianum School. This person will develop and implement a communications master plan and work with the Advancement Office and school community to develop and maintain a balanced strategy for overall messaging. Designed communications (print, photography, video, Internet) will reflect an in-depth understanding of the school's Salesian mission, 108 year-old tradition, and commitment to excellence. The Director of Communication will assist the Advancement Office with grant and letter writing. This person will also work closely with the Principal and Director of Admissions on school related communications as needed.
- Develop and coordinate all internal/external communications for the school, including Distinguished Gentleman magazine, monthly e-letter, Annual Report to donors, as well as numerous newspaper announcements and public interest stories.
- Manage Salesianum's Website content and social media.
- Oversee design and production of materials for Advancement and Admissions Offices.
- Assists Advancement Office personnel in development of written communication and marketing materials for fundraising projects and events.
- Develop effective grant materials, proposals, case statements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, progress and stewardship reports, and other corporate and foundation communications.
- Assist the Advancement Office on some event planning and staffing
- Assist the Advancement Office Staff and President in other areas as requested.
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent presentation, analysis, and organizational skills
- Ability to work closely with others
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Occasional night and weekend work required
Please submit a cover letter and resume by August 31, 2011 to Mrs. Nancy Meier at firstname.lastname@example.org.