BRIDGE TRIPS ARE BACK! Please register here
if you are interested in participating, please read the basic trip information provided below. Please note, not everyone will necessarily be able to make it on these two opportunities. The CFJ will give preference to upperclassmen and operate on a first-come-first-served basis within that framework. Students must be fully vaccinated to participate in these trips and meet all COVID testing and mask mandates as outlined by the school.
Dates: June 23rd and 24th
For over a decade Salesianum has been working in the communities of North Camden and Kensington. Students will do various projects like the Cathedral Kitchen, Homelessness Sandwich Ministry, and hearing testimony from people in recovery.
Lodging - We partner with DeSales Service Works. They have a retreat house on State St. in North Camden
Packing list will be available closer to the trip.
Contact: Fr. Mike McCue, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: July 12th - 17th (exact departure/arrival times TBD)
Transportation: School Vans
- Working with Habitat for Humanity building homes. We will be working with the family that will eventually live in the home we help build.
- Lodging - Habitat connects us with a retreat/community center for lodging (more info to come when we have it)
- You do not need experience in building. Habitat for Humanity has site contractors that will teach our group the skills needed to safely and effectively do the project. They are always on site to make sure things are happening safely
- Tools and equipment are supplied on site -- you just need to have your own workboots (packing list will be sent closer to the trip)
- Contact: Mr. Zach Ryan, email@example.com
- Eligible for Camden, NJ BRIDGE.
- This WILL count towards your Junior year service, but will not disqualify you from signing up for future trips.
- Upperclassmen will be given preference since it is a requirement for many of them this year.
- You are REQUIRED to do ONE immersion or BRIDGE trip for your junior year service.
- Eligible for Camden, NJ AND West Virginia (both count for your junior year requirement)
- More trips and virtual experiences will be added throughout the year, but this is still in process
- You are eligible for Camden and West Virginia
- These DO NOT count for your senior service requirement